Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Amazing how much better things look on a sunny day! I'm taking a page (or is that a post?) from Elizabeth Kaeton and posting this for today:



And while I was searching for this on YouTube, I saw this interesting project:



Here's the blurb that accompanies the video:

Play your part in music history and join the YouTube Symphony Orchestra. You just need to upload two videos: your contribution to the Tan Dun piece and a general audition video. Good luck!
There's a whole section devoted to it here that includes a link for downloading the music and video master classes for each instrument. After sight reading through the Haydn yesterday, I'm tempted. I've looked at the flute part for the symphony and the flute master class video. One piece I could probably prepare, but two by the January 28th deadline...

The recommended pieces (choose one or two) for the general audition video are:
  • Bach: Sonata for Solo Flute in a minor, BWV 1013: Mvt. IV, Bouree Anglaise
  • Brahms: Symphony No. 4 in E Minor: Mvt. IV, bar 89-105
  • Mendelhssohn: Symphony 4 in A Major ("Italian"): Mvt. IV, Saltarello, bar 6-34
While I have been working on the Bach, I've been working on the first movement.

Note to self: See first video in this post. Work from there...

Peace,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment