Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Eve Musings

Another winter day, another snowstorm. At least I'm on vacation and don't have to travel in it.

Another New Year's Eve, the end of another year. I can't say this past year has been one of the more pleasant ones. I spent most of it on probation at work. Actually, a lot of employees at the Church Center spent time on probation this year. Is that a management problem or an employee problem? The transition has been rough, but hopefully, we're through the worst of it and moving into some real ministry work. Or maybe just further into a corporate structure. Occasionally, I wonder what would happen if we disbanded the Church Center.

This time of year is often bittersweet. Christmas, followed by the New Year, followed by my birthday. I usually find myself in a period of self-reflection, and if I'm in a particularly bad place, that self-reflection can spiral into depression. It doesn't have to, and I've learned to catch myself talking myself into a depression.

This video is of an ABBA song that is nearly 30 years old. It captures my mood pretty well, and it does have a hopeful note.



The coming year will be one of change. I'm not one to make New Year's Resolutions, as that just sets oneself up for failure. But there will be changes. Hopefully, most of the changes will be positive and/or constructive--personally and professionally.

Blessings for the New Year.

Peace,
Jeff
(274.5)

No comments:

Post a Comment