Sunday, January 4, 2009

Vacation Ends

Lunch and breakfast await in their brown paper bag in the fridge. The knapsack sits by the door. The alarm clock stands ready to ring at 6:00 a.m. After two weeks the routine begins again. Or perhaps I should say anew. I added a couple of things back into my daily routine, and I hope they become habit. I started last month, well before New Year's Eve, because making resolutions always seems a set up for failure. Lifestyle changes, not resolutions, are what I hope I'm making.

This afternoon I actually worked on one of the audition pieces for the YouTube symphony--the Bach. If I had two months, I might pull it off. Right now, after weeks and weeks of not playing regularly, I just don't have the stamina to get through the rehearsal time needed in the next 24 days. If I can't make a reasonably good audition, then I don't want to put a video (or two) out there to sit on the Internet for heaven knows how many years into the future. However, I can set the goal of learning the pieces. Who knows, there's always an off chance... And playing music relaxes me. Maybe it's time to contemplate taking lessons again.

So tomorrow it's back to work. Prayers are always appreciated.

Peace,
Jeff
(8)

1 comment: