Monday, January 12, 2009

Now We Are Nine and Forty

If you don't get the reference, go back and take a look at last year's birthday post.

Yesterday after church, Mom and I went to a nearby Mexican restaurant for lunch. It was nice to have time for just the two of us. The small box wrapped in blue paper she gave me turned out to be an add-on for Carcassonne that I've had on my Amazon.com wish list for a while: The Princess and the Dragon (I love the BoardGameGeek site, even if I'm not quite one). Sometime soon we'll have to break it open and play!

This morning I arrived at work to find a LARGE balloon taped to my computer monitor. The attached note said it was from the folks of the Evangelism & Congregational Site Center. If you hit it, it sings "Happy Birthday" twice through. People kept stopping by my cubicle and hitting the balloon to the great amusement of my coworkers. I think Suzanne got the biggest kick out of it. I told Angie she is in big trouble when her birthday rolls around! By the end of the day my response someone hitting the balloon was to hit my Staples Easy Button, so "Happy Birthday" was followed by "That was easy!"

My colleague Ruth-Ann, who has been on a campaign for me to expressing my creative side, gave me a suede case with a drawing pad and 12 pastels. Last year it was a similar case with colored pencils. I haven't worked with pastels since junior high school art class! Mom is often on a similar campaign. One of these days I need to bring these two women together--although I'm not sure about the results of a combined campaign...!!!

My brother called this evening to wish me a happy birthday, and we chatted for about 15 minutes or so.

One of the things I used to do every year was clip the "If today is your birthday" piece from the Horoscope column in the local paper and tape it into my journal. This evening I went looking to see what was online and found:
Cafe Astrology
The New York Post: "You need to be a bit more forceful this year. You need to let others know that if they want a peaceful life they had better give you whatever it is you desire. You don't have to raise your voice. They'll get the message from the look in your eye. "
Georgia Nicols: "Founder of Amazon.com Jeff Bezos (1964) shares your birthday today. You're inspired by high ideals and you're extremely committed to your goals. In fact, you will make sacrifices for what you truly want. You're interesting, talkative and full of stories. You're drawn to unusual occupations and hobbies. You know how to sell an idea if it's important. Your year ahead will be wonderfully social, pleasure-loving and perhaps focused on romance."
This should be an interesting post to look back on in a year.

And just for fun, here's the Wikipedia entry for January 12.

Peace,
Jeff
(278)

No comments:

Post a Comment