Sunday, January 25, 2009

Blame It On Elizabeth

Kaeton, that is. I was perusing blogs in the wee hours (not a "sleepless night," just up late because I had a nap from 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.) and found this post on her Telling Secrets. So I decided to go take the quiz myself. And the results (I knew I liked Elizabeth for a reason!):
You are Origen!
You do nothing by half-measures. If you’re going to read the Bible, you want to read it in the original languages. If you’re going to teach, you’re going to reach as many souls as possible, through a proliferation of lectures and books. If you’re a guy and you’re going to fight for purity … well, you’d better hide the kitchen shears.
So I went looking for a couple of others.

Here's the Are You A Heretic? quiz, which I think I've posted about before. In any case, the results don't surprise me:

You Scored as Pelagianism

You are a Pelagian. You reject ideas about man's fallen human nature and believe that as a result we are able to fully obey God. You are the first Briton to contribute significantly to Christian thought, but you're still excommunicated in 417.

Pelagianism 58%
Modalism 50%
Socinianism 42%
Chalcedon compliant 42%
Monophysitism 33%
Monarchianism 33%
Nestorianism 25%
Adoptionist 25%
Apollanarian 17%
Arianism 8%
Gnosticism 8%
Donatism 0%
Albigensianism 0%
Docetism 0%

Next up is Beliefnet's Belief-O-Matic. I know I've taken this before with different resuts (I think I came out Liberal Quaker the last time), but here are this morning's:

Your Results

The top score on the list below represents the faith that Belief-O-Matic, in its less than infinite wisdom, thinks most closely matches your beliefs. However, even a score of 100% does not mean that your views are all shared by this faith, or vice versa. Belief-O-Matic then lists another 26 faiths in order of how much they have in common with your professed beliefs. The higher a faith appears on this list, the more closely it aligns with your thinking.

1. Neo-Pagan (100%)
2.
Mahayana Buddhism (80%)
3.
Hinduism (78%)
4.
Liberal Quakers (76%)
5.
Unitarian Universalism (75%)
6.
New Age (75%)
7.
Jainism (74%)
8.
Sikhism (72%)
9.
Reform Judaism (71%)
10.
Theravada Buddhism (65%)
11.
Baha'i Faith (61%)
12.
Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (61%)
13.
Orthodox Judaism (53%)
14.
New Thought (52%)
15.
Orthodox Quaker (52%)
16.
Taoism (51%)
17.
Secular Humanism (49%)
18.
Scientology (42%)
19.
Islam (37%)
20.
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (36%)
21.
Seventh Day Adventist (33%)
22.
Eastern Orthodox (30%)
23.
Roman Catholic (30%)
24.
Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (29%)
25.
Nontheist (26%)
26.
Jehovah's Witness (26%)
27.
Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (26%)

Beliefnet has a bunch of quizzes, but I only took two more.

Which Archangel are you? Okay, this one surprised me:

You scored 46, on a scale of 0 to 100. Here's how to interpret your score:

26 - 50 You are Michael, Archangel of the South. You are the only angel identified as an archangel in the New Testament Bible, the strong and brave leader of all other archangels. In the Christian faith, you are best known for wielding a sword and conquering the serpent during the battle in Heaven (Revelation 12:7-12); in the Jewish faith, you are best known as the patron of Israel. Courageous, authoritative, and fearless, you are passionate about protecting others and helping them overcome temptation. Those who seek constant vigilance and encouragement to follow laws look to you as their patron. You share an archangel feast day with Gabriel and Raphael on September 29.

How hip is your church?, which in my opinion needs to be reworked... Here's how I saw Grace Episcopal Church:

You scored 20, on a scale of 0 to 35. Here's how to interpret your score:

14 - 23 On the edge. You prefer the middle ground of a traditional church setting with some Gen X additions.

Peace,
Jeff

3 comments:

  1. Pagan?! Which is why it's a good thing this is a private blog!

    "Sent thine archangel Michael to our succor; peacemaker blessed, may he banish from us striving and hatred, so that for the peaceful all things may prosper." (Hymnal 1982, #282) That verse always confuses me.

    I was asleep for the night by 8, God knows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, that would be "SenD..." not "Sent..."
    But I'm feeling muuuuch better now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, goody. Now that I'm invited to read your blog, I get to do all the other quizzes. When I need to procrastinate.

    ReplyDelete