Monday, April 9, 2012

Three Weeks

Usually Easter Monday provides a moment of calm to recuperate after the frenzy of Holy Week and Easter Sunday. Even the local Starbucks is less crowded than usual this morning. But for me, today marks twenty-one days until the new job. How did it get from more than a month to three weeks so quickly?

Sorting and Packing
Notifications
Sorting and Packing
Visits with friends
Sorting and Packing
Farewell parties for other folks leaving the parish
Sorting and Packing
Holy Week

Lent got lost in the whole new job process. See the above list and add Interviews, Job Offer, and Acceptance to the top of it. So when Holy Week arrived, I figured it would offer me at least a small piece of Lent as we headed into Easter. Instead I found myself pretty much going through the motions as I continued to observe the world through the double lens of not here and not there yet.

Except for the Easter Vigil, which is my favorite celebration of the season, if not the whole year. It never ceases to touch me deeply in some way. This year, even with the double lens, or maybe because of it, the Vigil seemed to sum up the whole experience of the last 17 months, beginning in October 2010 with management notifying me of the elimination of my position at the Church Center.

And ending with a brand new job. Alleluia!

And now back to

Sorting and Packing
Closing Accounts
Sorting and Packing
Farewell gatherings with friends
Sorting and Packing
Handing off the parish web site
Sorting and Packing
Writing my sermon for the 29th...

1 comment: