Thursday, April 26, 2012

Exhausted

The pod is on its way to Virginia. They came and took it this morning while I was at the dealership having the last repairs done on the car.


I spent most of yesterday packing, schlepping, and securing the last few things that needed to go in the pod before they came to pick it up. I did have a couple of breaks. I had lunch with Mom, and we met with Lois during her Open Table at Dunkin' Donuts. In the evening I attended my last executive committee meeting at church. That meant I finished up the last of the packing after 10 p.m. This is what the looked like before I closed it up and locked it.


I probably could have done with a 12 foot container, but they didn't have any when I made the arrangements.  After I got back from the dealership I cleared and cleaned the kitchen


the small room


and the large room (I'll have more pictures tomorrow). The car was stuffed by the time I was done. I wanted to stop a bit earlier, but I had to finish the vacuuming today because they turn off the power tomorrow. Fortunately, a neighbor stopped by and helped me lug the mattress and box spring out to the dumpster. Starting tonight, I'll be at Mom's until I leave for Virginia.

Tomorrow I'll go back, clean the bathroom, and pack up the last of the cleaning supplies and the last lamp. And at some point I'll repack the car so that things fit a bit better. Right now I feel a bit like a refugee.

After dinner Mom and I worked on the parish web site. She's taking over as web master. Teaching someone to do something that you do almost without thinking requires a lot of thought about how to explain the process. And remember to be patient though you're tired. Two days of physically exhausting work followed by an evening of mentally exhausting work, and you'd think I'd be ready to collapse into bed and fall asleep. Yet I find myself wide awake. Maybe because I have to remember where I stashed the paperwork I need for a couple of errands tomorrow.

For those of you keeping track, the sermon is about 2/3 done, and four days!

1 comment:

  1. ... And thank you for being so patient. I was feeling pretty overwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete