Sunday, April 29, 2012

One Day

My last day at Betania/Grace coincided with Bilingual Sunday. I preached, but I didn't preach in both languages. As you can see in my previous post, I did use a little ASL and a little Spanish, but it was primarily English. Short and sweet. Followed by the parish's third farewell event this month, this time for me. Followed by my last Vestry meeting. At least my last Vestry meeting at Grace.

After all the church events, I took a break and visited my friend Rachel. She gave me a going away gift--a set of Anglican Prayer Beads made with Green Kyanite and Garnet beads. It's absolutely beautiful and came with a crocheted pouch and an appliqued pouch. She really outdid herself with this one.

Then I returned to Mom's to reorganize and repack the stuff that had to go in the car for the trip to Virginia. Mom and I work well together. We consolidated things so I had fewer containers going back into the car, and we packed more efficiently, so there will still be room even after the last minute stuff goes in tomorrow morning.

The trunk:


The back seat:


It's hard to believe my first interview at the Seminary was March 7, and in less than two months I accepted the new position, planned and implemented the move, and tied up all the loose ends here. Most of them, anyway. Such a whirlwind.

I hope to be on the road sometime between 9 and 10 tomorrow morning. That way I should hit I-95 after the morning rush here and arrive in the DC area before the evening rush starts there. By this time tomorrow evening I'll be in my new city, if not in my new apartment.

And so to bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment