Monday, April 30, 2012

Departure

So Abram went, as the Lord had told him; and Lot went with him. Abram was seventy-five years old when he dparted from Haran. Abram took his wife Sarai and his brother's son Lot, and all the possessions that they had gathered, and the persons whom they had acquired in haran; and they set forth to go to the land of Canaan. Genesis 12:4-5
If Abram could do it at 75, I can certainly do it at 52.


This is the starting point for the journey, my childhood home where my mother still lives. It's changed a lot over the 50 years my family has lived there. I expect there will be some small changes the next time I see it.

As you read this, I am somewhere on the road between Darien, CT and Alexandria, VA. The wonders of technology allowed me to write this post ahead of time and schedule it to publish at noon today. Starting today, I'll have a second blog: A Connecticticut Yankee in Robert E. Lee's Back Yard. There I will post my reflections on being a Yankee living in the South.

And so the adventure begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment