Saturday, May 31, 2008

Far Left

Based on some theological reflection we did this morning at the Mission Church group gathering, I came home to look something up and stumbled across this online test.


Brain Lateralization Test Results
Right Brain (24%) The right hemisphere is the visual, figurative, artistic, and intuitive side of the brain.
Left Brain (60%) The left hemisphere is the logical, articulate, assertive, and practical side of the brain


This result does not surprise me. As I said during this morning's reflection, "I need to be more intentional about getting out of my left brain." I am learning to trust my intuition more often, and now and then I make an effort to nurture my creative impulses. Not that left brain activity and thinking are bad, just that I feel the need for more balance, a wider perspective on life
Update: I went back to the site and took the two other Left Brain/Right Brain tests. On the word test (a list of 30 words) I tested 30% Right Brain and 76% Left Brain. Using the 25 pairs of words, the results are 36.4% Right Brain and 63.6 Left Brain.

Peace,
Jeffri

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having a hard time getting my 'whole' brain to get this right. I tested 74% left and 22% right. Just a little imbalance here?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm 60/40 right brain/left brain.

    And I'm always curious about the comments removed by the author!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In this case, it was a duplicate comment.

    ReplyDelete