Thursday, May 3, 2012

I Have a List for That

Which rooms still need furniture? Let me check my list.

What furniture needs repair? Let me check my list.

Which phone lines aren't in the right place or aren't working? Let me check my list.

Has all the linen arrived? Let me check my list.

What's for lunch today? Let me check... Wait a minute; that's somebody else's list!

Getting the Guest House ready for the first guests after the renovation involves a LOT of work, and I got dropped into the process at the tail end of it. I arrived on campus with lists already started that consisted mostly of questions, but there were also things I knew needed to be done. Those lists gave me a good head start. Since Tuesday I've completed a couple of the lists. However, I have many, many more now. That's okay. Those lists will get us through the next few days.

As I check things off the various lists, we're that much closer to re-opening the Guest House. I'm also that much closer to moving into my new apartment. And, yes, I have a list for that, too.

1 comment: