Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Knit 1, Knit 1, Knit 1...

The last time I picked up a pair of knitting needles was to make a Christmas present for Honey, my maternal grandmother. It was my first real knitting project, a purse knitted from soft yarn, which I think was mohair. I remember sitting in the den working on it. I remember wrapping it.  I don't remember anything about the actual mechanics of knitting. For years, Honey kept it in the bottom drawer of her dresser wrapped in tissue paper.

Sunday night, after finishing the purple and blue prayer shawl, I picked up a pair of knitting needles for the first time in almost 40 years and started reteaching myself to knit. I've become fairly adept at casting on.


And I actually got pretty good at the basic knit stitch.

The purl stitch and casting off, not so much.


I see more practice in my near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment