Thursday, October 22, 2009

Weekend Away

Tomorrow afternoon I head up to Becket, Massachusetts for the 20th Anniversary Lavender and Country Folk Dancers Dance Camp. I've taken tomorrow and Monday as vacation days. Four days away from the office, and I won't be traveling for business purposes!

I'll also be leaving my computer at home. I have been tempted to take it so that I could check in on the diocesan convention and the election of our next bishop. I've decided I'm not going to worry about it. The election results will still be there when I get home Sunday evening.

No responses, charges, and countercharges about Pope Benedict's recent announcement about providing a "home" for disaffected Anglicans.

No Integrity mail list.

No Episcopal/Anglican blogs.

No Church Center restructuring (term number 3 for the same process!).

No bishops behaving badly.

No walking dead and walking wounded at the office.

No making sandwiches.

No Worship for All People.

Not that things religious won't be discussed over the weekend. Many of my Dance friends will check in with me about my ordination process. One friend and I have an ongoing conversation about rediscovering religious and spiritual roots. And handful of us from different Christian denominations will probably gather for Morning Prayer Saturday and Sunday mornings. Heck, there might even be a circle Saturday night.

Quite frankly, there are days when I can see very clearly how little the Episcopal Church and the Anglican Communion mean in the larger scheme of things--and even how very little in the smaller scheme of things. Sometimes a reality check is in order, and Dance Camp is the perfect place for that.

Peace,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment