Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Odds And Ends

Yesterday I went to the Verizon Store to check into a wireless connection for my notebook computer. I'd done a lot of research online and talked to some people who have different types. I had pretty much decided I was going to do it when I got to the store, but I had a couple of detail type questions to ask.

I've had very few complaints with Verizon in terms of my cell phone, so they were the obvious choice for a computer connection. I was impressed with the sales rep because he did not lead me to the more expensive options. For my needs and my computer, he recommended what turned out to be the least expensive in terms of the hardware I needed. In fact, once I receive the rebate, the USB device will have cost me only the tax I paid on it. I selected the more expensive usage package, because I know I will probably use that much data transfer during a month. If it turns out I'm using less, I can always change it. Once I'm sure this works the way I think it will, my next step will be to cancel my AT&T land line phone and modem service, which now runs me about $72/month. In the long run I'll be saving about $20-$25/month.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

This morning on the train I think I startled my seatmate, which is hard to do on a commuter train. People mostly try to mind their own business.

I had some writing to do, and I finished it about halfway to the City. Then I took out my crossword puzzle book, switched my pen from my right hand to my left and began doing the next puzzle in the book. They guy in the next seat stared at me for few moments and kept looking at my hands off and on for quite a while. How did I know? He'd put his paper down every time he looked.

I've been doing crossword puzzles using my left hand to write for several months. From time to time I also do some writing with my left hand. It's supposed to be good for your brain. And since the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, it might just help me get out of my left brain--the logic side.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

The Fall Ladybug infestation has begin. There were several flying around my back door when I stopped home before going to Fairfield for EfM. I found my first one inside on the mantelpiece. I have no idea what they feed on, but they seem to survive for most of the Winter inside.

Peace,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment