Monday, July 20, 2009

Home And [Sort Of] Rested

Yesterday we left the hotel at 8:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time, 11:00 a.m. Eastern. We ate breakfast in Orange County, California and lunch in Phoenix, Arizona. I arrived home this morning at 1:00 Eastern Daylight Time, 10:00 p.m. Sunday Pacific. Fourteen hours on the road and in the air.

I was finally able to go to bed sometime after 3:00 a.m. and woke up at 6:30 a.m. and9:15 a.m., and finally got out of bed at about 10:30 a.m. I didn't do much but unpack and check email.

Rachel stopped by to give me the new keys for my apartment, and I gave her the Pirate Mouse Ears I brought from Disneyland as a thank you gift for picking up my mail and keeping an eye on my apartment. We went out for a bite to eat and catch up.

Still adjusting to Eastern Daylight Time. Still processing the events of General Convention and what it means for our work at the Episcopal Church Center. But first I have six sabbath days, including today, to take before returning to the office. We'll deal with the aftermath and fallout then. The only thing I have to do tomorrow is laundry.

Peace,
Jeff

2 comments:

  1. Laundry! Arrrggggghhhhhhh! Not laundry! Oh why does there always have to be laundry. I can't stand it.

    Welcome home, Jeff, and I am relieved to read that you have sabbath time now. Good. Very good.

    Read trashy books. Loaf. Do nothing at all productive.

    And throw out the laundry and buy everything new (don't I wish!).

    ReplyDelete