Saturday, February 7, 2009

Asking for Prayers

Tomorrow morning five people I have come to know and care for deeply will meet together to make a decision that affects the direction of my life from this point forward. We have spent many hours together answering questions together and sharing our stories. Their job tomorrow is to sift through what they have heard from and learned about me and decide whether or not they believe I am called to ordained ministry. Whatever their decision, I know that these five people will continue to support me as I take the first steps into a new life.

It has been a long journey reaching this point. I cannot say that I won't be disappointed--and very likely upset--if their decision is "no." However, I do know that the journey does not end with a "no" answer. It just means attempting to discern where my gifts can best be used in the church. It will also mean some serious reflection on my current job at the Episcopal Church Center and whether or not I can, or wish to, remain employed there. If, on the other hand, the answer is "yes," I will once again raise my eyes and shout out to God, "What are you thinking??!!!??"

Pray for Leona, George, Kim, Ryan, and Diane as they gather.

Peace,
Jeff
(13)

No comments:

Post a Comment