Friday, August 28, 2009

What Not To Wear, And Who Cares?

Shortly after I returned from lunch yesterday, Jonathan called to see if I wanted to get together for a bite after work. Or would it be too late for me in terms of getting home, if I had to wait around until he finished work? Two simple answers. Yes. No.

A while later I was in the rest room and happened to look in the mirror over the sink while washing my hands. I'd done laundry Tuesday night, and I was wearing exactly the same shirt and slacks as I'd worn Monday, the last time Jonathan and I got together for dinner. If I hadn't said anything at dinner, he wouldn't have noticed. "I'm such a guy," he said. The conversation moved on.

It has been a long time since I've had someone to talk to about music, and especially about the playing the flute. We've been playing about the same number of years, but he's had more formal training as a musician (including things like theory and composition) than I have. He's also been more intentional about practicing for the past couple of years. I'm playing catch-up. Or at least it sometimes feels like that. But it's nice to have someone to talk to about practicing.

Actually, it's nice to have someone to talk with about all sorts of stuff.

I might actually get to like this dating stuff.

Peace,
Jeff

1 comment:

  1. Having a special friend to talk with makes life much more interesting and enjoyable and 'livable.' AND worthwhile!

    ReplyDelete