Sunday, August 30, 2009

More On Breaking The Record

Two weeks later stories are still popping up on the web about the record breaking performance at the National Flute Association Convention in New York City.

Here's a short video taken by someone in the ballroom during the performance.

And a longer one focusing primarily on one participant, but you can see from some of the shots taken from the back of the ballroom that the room with 2,000 chairs was standing room only.

Finally, the one from James Galway's official site. Note the number of "assistant conductors" helping us keep together while playing.

Here are some of the stories:
Breaking a Guiness world Record
Flutist's performance one for the record books

Peace,
Jeff

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I went straight to Galway's official site. Awesome. Quite exciting. I have to say some of those transitions were stinkers - I can't believe how well they were made. Wow. That's all I can say.

    Could you see yourself in there? I couldn't. Way cool for you, Jeff. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see the section where I was sitting because I can see the section conductor. I even think I can see the scalp of the person sitting next to me, but not me. Still, it was exciting and fun.

    ReplyDelete