Monday, February 25, 2008

Walking

I went out for a walk during the first half of my lunch break. Outside. Walking. I haven't been able to do that for weeks. It's either been too cold, too yucky, or we've been too busy at work. Pretty soon I'll be able to walk from home to the train station in the mornings and back again in the evenings. I thought about it this morning, but it was 22 degrees outside. That's just too cold to be outside for the 20 minutes it takes to walk to the station.

I do "walk" most days. What I actually do is pace in my apartment while reading in the evenings. However, it is effective, and I can see the difference in my legs; not to mention that between the walking and watching what I eat, I am losing weight gradually. Faster would be more gratifying, but I'm more likely to keep it off the way I'm doing it this time.

My plan is to start bicycling again, with the ultimate goal of being able to take another bike tour next year. There are still a couple of trips in Ireland that I'd like to take, and the same company now offers a variety of trips in several other countries. They also offer some walking tours, but I really enjoyed the biking I did in Ireland. I can't believe it's been almost seven years since my last trip.

But walking is enjoyable, too. I like walking in the City at lunchtime. Lots of people watching as well as seeing how the area changes gradually. And the exercise is good.

My lunch break is about over, so it's back to my work.

Peace,
Jeffri

1 comment:

  1. Jeffri: 22 degrees is cold in Connecticut. 22 degrees here in Maine has me jumping with joy as I go out to spend half an hour or more tending to the horses and doing barn chores. Have a good walk for me some morning. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete