Thursday, February 21, 2008

It's In The Mail, And We're Already Behind Schedule

This morning I received an email from the Bible Reading Fellowship in England letting me know that they had "dispatched" my order. Since I spent a little extra for shipment by air, I'm hoping that my copy of the Commentary on John will be here sometime next week.

Also this morning I printed out the Daily Reading Plan the Bishops will be following as they prepare for the Lambeth Conference. I noted that the plan began last week on February 11, even though the Anglican Communion News Service did not issue their release until yesterday. So we're already behind schedule! I'll catch up on the Gospel reading over the weekend and on the commentary selections when my copy arrives.

As we prepare to join the bishops in their bible reading and study, take a moment to go over to Scott Gunn's Seven Whole Days and read his post "Why the Lambeth agenda is just right." Also check out The Episcopal Majority for Christopher Webber's series "Unity And Diversity in the Lambeth Conference":
  • Part 1 - The Beginning
  • Part 2 - Broader Agendas
  • Part 3 - Coming to Grips with Unity and Diversity
  • Part 4 - Living Together as a Truly Global Community
The Archbishop of Canterbury and the design team have emphasized both that the Lambeth Conference is a time for bishops to gather for prayer, study and conversation and that the conference is not now, nor was it ever intended to be, a legislative gathering. As we join the bishops in their study of John's Gospel and in prayer, it will be interesting to see how our conversations will develop over the coming days.

Peace,
Jeffri

No comments:

Post a Comment