Friday, February 22, 2008

February Shower

No, not the weather. A baby shower.

Willow and Luke, friends and co-workers, are expecting their first child in seven weeks. Some of the folks from Willow's department organized the shower, which was held this afternoon in the conference room on our floor. There were goodies, gifts, and guffaws (okay, laughter, but I couldn't resist the alliteration).

I crocheted a baby blanket as my gift to Willow and Luke. Wednesday night I ran out of yarn with only one side left to be edged, so I finished it last night after a run to Michael's. Here is a picture of it spread out on my queen-size bed before wrapping to give you an idea of the size.















Here is a closeup of one corner. I used acrylic, worsted weight, four-ply yarn and a size N hook.









And here is Willow opening it at the shower.












This is Luke reading aloud to us from one of the books they received. He'll make a great Dad.










And here is a picture of the two of them together. Willow is wearing the ribbon hat put together during the opening of the gifts. It was a thoroughly enjoyable way to spend an hour on a winter afternoon.








Peace,
Jeffri

No comments:

Post a Comment