Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Windsor Compliant...NOT

When I was checking out blogs with "ultimatum countdowns," I noted this interesting little picture at the top of the 40 Days of Anglican Prayer site.

Since the Windsor Report is just that, a report, and not a mandate or new set of rules to be followed, what is the point? It was never meant to be more than a discussion document, a starting place for dialogue. If compliance to the report's suggested guidelines is the operating principle, then ALL of the "rules" must be enforced. Very few sites, of whatever their stance on the issues currently causing this tempest in a teapot, advocate for full compliance by all parties involved. Hence, there are almost no sites that can be labeled as "Windsor Compliant."

This evening while catching up on reading some of my favorite blogs, I noted that Mark Harris wrote about the 40-Day countdown a couple of days ago on his Preludium. He created a "Not Windsor Compliant" seal (which I will place on my blog for the foreseeable future).



I bet you won't see this one on very many, if any, of the reasserter and separatist sites!

Peace,
Jeffri

No comments:

Post a Comment