Tuesday, August 21, 2007

What's In My "Go Bag"

The Moleskinerie site, a blog about all things Moleskine, linked to a post on the Lifehacker site that had the results of their request for users to send in pictures of their "go bags." Moleskinerie was noting the number of Moleskine notebooks in the various go bags.

The most common definition of a "go bag" is a kit that is packed for emergencies--like evacuating your home because of a hurricane, fire, earthquake, etc. Here is the wikiHow on Go Bags. These days, however, a "go bag" might be the bag you pick up every time you leave the house, which is primarily the definition Lifehacker used.

So I went to the Lifehacker site and took a look. It was interesting to see the variety of things people carried. Then I thought, "Okay, I'll bite..." grabbed the bag I carry pretty much every day, dumped it out on the floor, and took a picture. Since I am not a Lifehacker member, I am posting the contents of my "go bag" here.

Here's the bag itself.

It is an Eagle Creek bag that I have had for a number of years. I believe it was their "Guide Bag" (or it might have been the "Field Bag"), but they no longer make this model. You can see the current version of the bag here. Mine measures approximately 9" x 12" x 5".

And here is what was in it when I dumped it out:


Top row: Current reading material; 6 1/2" x 9 1/2" spiral notebook for project notes; medium organizer bag from Levengers that holds (1) a small plastic box with pen refills, (2) cell phone charger, and (3) Leatherman Multi-Tool; large Levengers organizer bag that holds (1) digital camera, (2) spare camera battery, (3) camera cable, (4) camera battery charger, and (5) spare memory chip for the camera; and a Maglite.

Bottom row: Cell phone; small Levengers organizer bag that holds (1) mp3 player and (2) spare batteries for the mp3 player; quart-size zip loc bag that holds (1) Moleskine pocket Ruled Notebook, (2) Molseskine pocket Cahier Ruled Journal, (3) pocket calendar/Levengers Pocket Briefcase with 3/5 Index Cards (replaced my old Dayrunner), (4) mechanical pencil, (5) my favorite Parker ballpoint, (6) a Fisher Space Pen, (7) a Bic pen; and a sandwich-size zip loc bag that holds (1) a small bottle of pain reliever, (2) a bottle of hand sanitizer, (3) a few Brush-Ups, (4) gum, (5) a couple of Pepto Bismol tablets, (6) nail clippers, (7) travel pack 0f CVS Moist Wipes, and (8) Chapstick.

Whew! That's a lot of stuff. It changes from week to week, depending on what I'm doing, and it is not always quite this much stuff. Every once in a while, it is more. It is amazing what you can stuff in the bag when you use organizer bags and zip locs. Today, however, it is what it is, and that is what you see here.

Peace,
Jeffri

No comments:

Post a Comment