Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Summer Is A...

...Here!

I don't do well in summer weather. The heat and humidity sap my energy and make it almost impossible for me to sleep. Sunday night I broke down and turned on the air conditioner only to find that the air conditioner had broken down. It served me well for six years, summer and winter. I leave it in all year because I have no control over the heat in my apartment, and sometimes I needed the fan. But I definitely got my money's worth out of it.

Replacing it? A late birthday gift. Or maybe it's an early half-birthday gift. In either case, tomorrow Mom and I go out to buy a new one, which will probably cost less than what I paid for this one, be smaller than this one, and be more energy efficient than this one. Energy efficiency is a good thing because electricity costs more than it did six years ago when I moved into this apartment.

I wonder if I could hook a generator to my bicycle or the Nordic Track?

Summer is a time to slow down and catch up.

And maybe find a new job?

No comments:

Post a Comment