Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Goodbye 518, Hello 231

Su came around with paper signs with the names and phone extensions of the new occupants of offices. The signs are to help the folks who are moving the crates, phones, and computers.

That's Sabrina's name on the paper sign on my office. At least it's officially my office until Friday, but I won't be in for the next two days. Tomorrow is the Lifelong Christian Formation and Vocations Team retreat, which will take place at Church of Our Saviour in Chinatown. Friday, since they will be shutting down the phone system at noon to facilitate the moves, I will work from home.

Originally they scheduled the actual move to take place over the weekend. We were to have everything packed up by noon Friday and then unpack Monday morning. Except that they started moving people today. Why? It seems they only ordered 100 crates for the 20 people moving. I have 11 crates of stuff, and I have a lot less then most of the other folks moving. So, those of us that are moving into offices that are currently empty were asked if we could finish packing, let building services know to come and move our crates, and then unpack the stuff in our new offices.

They came to move my to move my crates after lunch.

So here's my new office on the second floor: #231,with my name on the paper sign. I didn't take pictures after I unpacked the crates, so those will have to wait until Monday. Basically, I dumped things onto the shelves. Except for the files. Those got put in file drawers: administrative files in the office, and everything else in my file bank, which is in the hallway behind my office.

At the moment, my new office seems a little dark. Some of that is due to the fact that the light in the hallway outside my office is out.

But the office is a little smaller, too.

Compare 518 here...












...with 231 here. Note the difference in the amount of wall space between the door and the bookshelves.

Hopefully, I will have time to organize the new office before a new crisis its rears its head.

Peace,
Jeff

1 comment: