Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Three Boxes

I took the blue box in to the office yesterday and gave it to Ruth-Ann. She was truly surprised and delighted. She didn't realize at first that it had started out as a plain wooden box, and I'd done all the painting and decorating.

Here's the box I did for myself, using the same style box as the one I did for Ruth-Ann. The sides are dark green. The image is of Saints Sergius and Bacchus.


This dark green index card sized box (the same color green I used on the box above) is the one I was having trouble with. For some reason the first coat of varnish slightly smeared the stamped decorations. After living with it for a couple of days, I decided that it has a certain charm as it is and applied the second coat of varnish. The decorative stamp you see here appears on three sides and the top.


Here is the front with the different decorative element. The stamp I used on the other sides did not fit in the available space.


Here you can see the top and front.


Inside are stamped Tarot images. The box was made to hold a couple of tarot decks, or a deck and a spread cloth. Depending on the size of the deck, you might also be able to fit a tea light holder as well.


And the last box I made for another friend. She has a small boutique that she calls InnerFairy. Hence the fairies on the lid.


This picture shows the lid partially open--it slides.

Here you can see the inside of the box. The decorative paper is actually cut from one of the InnerFairy shopping bags.


I've enjoyed making these. There may be more in the future. In fact, I'm pretty sure there will be more.

Peace,
Jeffri

2 comments:

  1. Outstanding. I guess there is one of these in MY future, right?

    I use a fixative spray on dubious prints just because of the 'smear' factor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, Jeffri - I had no idea! How wonderful. Thank you for sharing these pics.
    Lois

    ReplyDelete