Monday, June 30, 2008

As The Teapot Turns

I'm back from spending a week with my brother's family. For the first part of the week it was just me and my nephews, as my brother and sister-in-law were away for a few days. My niece stopped by one evening for dinner. It was a lazy week. We spent afternoons at the pool, played Carcassonne, watched TV, and read books. Well, the boys watched TV. I read a lot.

And I spent nearly an entire week away from the Anglican Tempest in a Teapot. The oldest nephew's laptop couldn't hold its wireless connection, and the desktop has a very slow modem connection. With two teenagers and a ten-year-old in the house, "Uncle Older Guy" didn't have much of a chance to get online to check email, the blogs, or news of things Anglican after the "GAFCON 8" story.

Not much has changed. Well, a statement was issued by the GAFCON participants--or at least their leaders. The statement has been dissected, parsed, and rehashed by just about everyone. Bishop Bennison has been found guilty. And Anglican bishops around the globe are preparing to depart for the Lambeth Conference.

Before I left for my brother's, I wrote four of the Lambeth Bible Studies and scheduled them to be published. It's a neat feature of Blogger. I didn't finish the one for last Friday, figuring I could finish it during the week. I guess it's a good thing I wrote the other four ahead, given the computer situation...

So now I will finish Friday's Bible Study, write today's and tomorrow's. Then I'll take some time and look at the blogs to catch up on the tempest in the teapot.

Maybe...

Peace,
Jeffri

No comments:

Post a Comment