Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Wanderlust

A couple of days ago the latest TravelSmith catalog arrived in the mail.  They have a variety of products designed to help frequent travelers cut down on the amount of stuff they need to pack and still dress appropriately for a number of occasions. Occasionally, I have actually ordered from it for my own travel needs. Once every few months, the arrival of the catalog prompts me to visit the One Bag web site.

But mostly, the catalog sparks a bit of Wanderlust.  I want to pack up my carry on, grab my passport, buy a ticket, and head off to someplace new.  There are still parts of Ireland I want to see (for Christmas one of my nephews gave me a book about bike touring and Irish History for Dummies). There's a bike trip from Vienna to Prague I'd like to take.  Not to mention parts of my own country that I still haven't been to.

I'll be saving my pennies for a while. In the meantime, maybe I should go to the library and check out one of Paul Theroux's books.

No comments:

Post a Comment