Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year, New Look, New Direction

The first work day of 2011 found me tying up some of the last loose ends relating to the end of my position at the Episcopal Church Center.  I didn't get them all taken care of because I also needed to make flight reservations for the February NAECED Conference and work on a version of my resume to submit for a job lead.  I also spent some time this afternoon pursuing some volunteer opportunities, so I won't spend my days sitting around my apartment.

After supper I started tinkering with this blog.  I wanted to get all my sermons from then past few years in one place.  I ended up also importing selected posts from my old blog.  And as long as I was tinkering, I decided I wanted to freshen up the look of the blog as well.  I didn't use the template I really liked because white text on a dark brown background doesn't make for ease of reading.  I opted for something simpler and infinitely more readable.

New Direction applies to all of the above.  I have no idea where my job search will take me.  And I'm still finding my voice for this blog.  I may not know where I'm going yet, but one foot in front of the other keeps me moving forward.

Here's to a successful 2011!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jeffri. One foot in front of another led to 4 years of blogging for me. My anniversary comes later this month. Imagine!

    ReplyDelete