Friday, January 28, 2011

Norwalk Walks of Shame

I had an interview in New York City this morning (it went well for those of you who are keeping track), and when I got back to Norwalk, I walked home from the South Norwalk train station.  My route took me along Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive and then up Fairfield Avenue to Cedar Street. I turned right on Cedar and followed it across Reed Street where it becomes Stuart Avenue. At Connecticut Avenue I turned right and then left onto Woodbury Avenue, which takes me to the back drive of the parking lot for my apartment.

As I've written before, the state of sidewalks this winter leaves a lot to be desired. I've started taking pictures and creating a Walks of Shame. Including individual pictures of the unshoveled walks along my route would take up a lot of space, so I've created an album of the pictures with captions of their locations.

These 43 pictures were all taken between 3:15 and 3:45 this afternoon, more than 24 hours after the last snowstorm.

Here are today's Walks of Shame:

2 comments:

  1. It's a modern snapshot of traditional New England "Rugged Individualism".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Individualism my foot (no pun intended!).

    ReplyDelete