Thursday, April 15, 2010

Slow Period

For the past month I've had a series of medical issues. First it was the head cold I dealt with last month. The lingering cough kept me from practicing for a couple of weeks. Then, just as I was getting back into my routine, I ended up on the hospital for five days over Easter. This evening I picked up my flute for the first time in a couple of weeks. I kept it to a minimum, about 35 minutes. Just enough time to run through the next set of technical exercises, work on Frederick the Great's Daily Exercise #25, and play through some tunes from the Barnes Book of English Country Dance Tunes, Vol. 1.

Next week my routine will be interrupted once again by business travel. I've learned that taking my flute simply adds needless weight to my baggage. I rarely have time or space to practice. I may take a couple of pieces of sheet music and load a couple of versions of each piece onto my iPod.

No comments:

Post a Comment