Saturday, January 26, 2008

Still Ticking

As of yesterday, a week has passed since the date the "Reorganization Team" originally set for the official announcement of where we will be placed in the new structure at the Episcopal Church Center. Those of us who interviewed on Monday and Tuesday of last week pretty much know whether or not we have jobs, but there are still many unknown factors. And we cannot yet say anything to those folks across the church with whom we work. It makes for very awkward phone conversations. So, yes, I have a job, and no, I cannot say anything more. Please continue to pray for those of us who work at the Episcopal Church Center.

Opening Prayer

You ask us to come to you with our burdens and so we begin with the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.

Scripture

Ask, and it will be given you/ search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened for you. (Matthew 7:7)

Petitions

Hearts filled with trust, we come to you with very special needs, we pray.

Response: Grant us your wisdom,Lord.

Send us your wisdom. Hear the prayer we offer in faith, we pray.

Open for us avenues of understanding, we pray.

Collect

As we ask, seek and knock, we are confident that we shall receive, it shall be opened and your will made clear.

-- Rock Travnikar, O.F.M., The Blessing Cup, p.36.

Lord, I will trust You,
help me to journey beyond the familiar
and into the unknown.

Give me the faith to leave old ways
and break fresh ground with You.

Christ of the mysteries, can I trust You
to be stronger than each storm in me?

Do I still yearn for Your glory to lighten on me?

I will show others the care You've given me.

I determine amidst all uncertainty
always to trust.

I choose to live beyond regret,
and let You recreate my life.

I believe You will make a way for me
and provide for me,
if only I trust You
and obey.

I will trust in the darkness and know
that my times are still in Your hand.

I will believe You for my future,
chapter by chapter, until the story is written.

Focus my mind and my heart upon You,
my attention always on You without alteration.

Strengthen me with Your blessing
and appoint to me the task.

Teach me to live with eternity in view.

Tune my spirit to the music of heaven.

Feed me,
and, somehow,
make my obedience count for You.

-- "Brendan - In Exploration Of A Vision," Part XVI, in Celtic Daily Prayer: Prayers And Readings From The Northumbria Community, pp. 191-193.

Peace,
Jeffri

No comments:

Post a Comment