Monday, December 31, 2007

Fast Away The Old Year Passes

As the last hours of 2007 slip by, I find myself in a reflective mood. This happens often at the turn of the year, as my birthday quickly follows the New Year. I can easily talk myself into a depression thinking about all the "might have beens." Not this year. There are too many positive and hopeful things to think about as I approach my birthday.

One of them is the example of my high school classmate Allan Karl who is travelling around the world on his motorcycle. You can find take a look at his adventures by clicking on the Worldrider link to the right. After not having visited the blog for a couple of weeks, I checked in yesterday and was amazed to find him in Africa. I spent over an hour catching up with his travelogue. I do not particularly want to travel the world on a motorcycle, a bicycle, on foot, or any other way other than plane, train and ship, but if he can do that in his mid-forties, then I can certainly work toward doing some of the things on my "list." Hmmmm...that sounds like a New Year's Resolution.

I rarely make New Year's Resolutions. I have ever only kept one successfully in my life. When I was in eighth grade I resolved to stop biting my fingernails. I spent a lot of time sitting on my hands for the next three months, but I kept that resolution. And this year I must make a resolution and keep it, since my continued good health depends upon it.

So at the moment, I am looking at 2008 and feeling pretty optimistic. Here's to hoping it stays that way.

Peace,
Jeffri

1 comment:

  1. Prayers and peace for an optimistic 2008. Isn't interesting how the way someone else lives his/her life or does a certain something in their own life inspires us? Could this be the Spirit of the Divine working? Something to ponder. And while you are having a Happy New Year, have a Happy Birthday as well.

    ReplyDelete