Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Before The Horde Descends

I am enjoying the last few minutes of calm before Thanksgiving weekend. The shopping is done. The laundry is half done. The apartment is clean. In a short bit I will go to Mom's for dinner, and we will await the arrival of my brother and his family.

This will be the first holiday we have all been together in about three years, and it will be the first time my brother's entire family will be up here for a visit in many years. I decided that we ought to make the effort to all be together this year, as Mom's 70th birthday is just after the holiday. No big fuss, which Mom would hate, but some time together. Things sort of spiraled from that decision. You can read some of Mom's thoughts here. Fortunately, given the number of people involved, my stepsister is hosting Thanksgiving dinner.

There was some talk of going into the City Friday morning. I put a stop to that right off. New York City the day after Thanksgiving? Are you nuts? With three teenagers and a nine-year-old?

And I don't even want to begin thinking about Christmas!!

Peace,
Jeffri

No comments:

Post a Comment