Monday, February 19, 2007

Spinning, Spinning, Spinning.....

I spent the afternoon and evening with friends, glad to be away from the temptation of the computer and the Anglican blogosphere. As expected, I returned to the Primates Communique, 100+ emails with reactions from my various listservs, and the Anglican blogosphere teeming with first-reading commentary and cursory analyses.

After my first reading of the Communique, I feel like I've been kicked in the gut--much as I did at General Convention 2006 when the House of Deputies passed B033. The long term consequences of this statement, and of the proposed Covenant, cannot be predicted at this point in time. But for tonight I am deeply grieved.

If you want to read some of the reactions in the blogosphere, check out the following:

Elizabeth Kaeton's Telling Secrets
Susan Russell's An Inch at A Time (which includes the Integrity Press Release)
Stand Firm
Ruth Gledhill's Articles of Faith
epiScope
Inclusive Church Blog
David Virtue's VirtueOnline

Some of it comes from the spinmeisters, but much of it is from our spinning emotions...

Peace,
Jeffri

No comments:

Post a Comment