Friday, April 25, 2014

Packing, Prepping, and More Packing

The last bit of laundry is in the washer, and as soon as it comes out of the dryer I will take it and the stuff strewn on my bed and finish packing. Four bags already sit in the hallway ready to go. I've said before that I can travel for two weeks in Ireland with a carry-on, but three days of Dance Camp and I fill the trunk. This time, however, it feels like I'm packing for two trips, which for all intents and purposes I am. For the first time since I arrived at the Seminary two years ago I am taking more than two or three days off at one time.

Each time I've gone to Dance Camp since moving south friends have said "You need to stop and see me." That just isn't possible in the course of a four day weekend, fourteen hours of which are spent on the road getting to Camp and back. This time I decided to take some vacation time the week before Camp to spend some extended time with Mom and friends. It will also be the first time in two years that I will have more than four days without the Guest Houses cell phone! I spent most of this short work week preparing what my colleagues will need to oversee the Guest Houses while I'm gone. I know they will manage just fine.

Tomorrow morning I will load up the car and head north; head home. And in ten days time I will pack up the car again and head south to home.

No comments:

Post a Comment