Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thirty-Nine Days

The speed at which all of this is happening has my head spinning!

This morning I learned that my apartment will probably be ready by May 1 or shortly thereafter. They've even told me to pick paint colors. And my soon-to-be new boss sent me an update on the progress of work being done on the Guest Houses. We are planning for me to go down for a day or so Easter Week.

So now my "vacate the apartment" list really has moved up a month on the schedule. Give notice to landlord and utilities. START PACKING!!!!

Purging and packing.

Last night I went through a box of mementos from my office at the Church Center. Some things I tossed, but most of them I kept. Some were put in a pile to be packed with other like things. And I added some mementos from around the apartment to the box. These are physical touchstones of memory. Each of them has a story. Each of them will go with me as I journey into a new place. There will be lots of memories as I pack for that journey. Some good, some bad, but all of them a part of who I am.

They are reminders of continuity in the midst of this rapid transition.

No comments:

Post a Comment