Thursday, March 15, 2012

I Tremble on the Edge of a Maybe

Tuesday one of my EfM group shared this with us as our evening worship. She brought it because of my recent set of interviews for a job which would mean relocating if it were offered, and I accepted. It also fit in with our theological reflection for the day. It's from Ted Loder's Guerrillas of Grace.

I Tremble on the Edge of a Maybe

O God of beginnings,
as your Spirit moved
      over the face of the deep
              on the first day of creation,
move with me now
       in my time of beginnings,
             when the air is rain-washed,
                   the bloom is on the bush,
                         and the world seems fresh
                                and full of possibilities,
                                       and I feel ready and full.

I tremble on the edge of a maybe,
        a first time,
                a new thing,
                       a tentative start,
and the wonder of it lays its finger on my lips

In silence, Lord,
I share now my eagerness
        and my uneasiness
               about this something different
                      I would be or do;
and I listen for your leading
      to help me separate the light
             from the darkness
                     in the change I seek to shape
                           and which is shaping me.

No comments:

Post a Comment