Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Reorganizing The Reorganized Reorganization

It was bound to happen, but I didn't think it would happen so soon. According to Episcopal Cafe's The Lead, the Rt. Rev. Stacy Sauls, himself recently appointed as Chief Operating Officer for the Episcopal Church Center, has appointed Sam McDonald as the new Director of Mission. You can read the full story here, but I particularly noted this from Bishop Sauls' communication with the staff:
I realize that you as the staff have been working on this for some time now. There has been a great deal of trial and error, which has not always been comfortable or felt safe.
And this:
Working for the Church should not be a spiritually damaging experience. In fact, I think it should be joyous. I don’t intend to work anywhere that isn’t, and quite frankly, I don’t think you should, either.
Maybe this time there's some hope for some positive and realistic change at the Church Center.

There is much I could write, but right now I need to sit with my thoughts. In the meantime my prayers are with my former colleagues as they enter this next phase of reorganization.

No comments:

Post a Comment