Sunday, May 22, 2011

Talking about Things Anglican

So far on this blog I've refrained from delving too deeply into things Anglican. Originally that stemmed from the fact that I worked at The Episcopal Church Center, headquarters for The Episcopal Church. In fact, I took my previous blog, Telling Beads, private (friends and family only) because of a couple of incidents that happened in the wake of the first reorganization. A few months ago I moved some of the posts from Telling Beads to this blog, mostly because I wanted all of my posted sermons in one public place.

Now that I no longer work for the Church, I've been in recovery mode and have kept out of the public conversations about the Episcopal Church and the Anglican Communion. Not that I've ignored what's going on, I just needed time to readjust to not being so fully immersed in the institutional church. I've commented on other blogs now and again, but except for the No Anglican Covenant logo in the sidebar, I've stayed out of the larger conversations.

I started I'm Fluting as Fast as I Can in the wake of the 2009 National Flute Association Annual Convention. Its purpose was to chart my progress as I began to be more intentional about playing the flute. But there's only so much I can write about being an amateur flutist. Over time it became more of a general blog. I'm a whole person, and my blog should reflect that. For that reason, I've decided not to resurrect Telling Beads at this time. However, I reserve the right to change my mind!

So moving forward, Things Anglican will find their way onto this blog from time to time. Because of my past experiences in the Anglican blogosphere, I've added a comment policy to the sidebar. For now comments will remain unmoderated, but I will delete any comments that include insults, meanness, or flaming.

Once more into the breach...

1 comment:

  1. Living in a 'free' society does have its downside. But, I do declare, I don't understand vile comments. I guess there are a lot of people out there who just do not have a clear sense of themselves and have to lash out to make them feel whole. sad...

    ReplyDelete