Friday, January 8, 2010

Who's Been Reading My Blog?

A very small handful of people read this blog with any regularity. That doesn't surprise me, given two rather important factors. First, the topic has a fairly limited audience, and second, I'm still trying to discover the blog's voice. In the meantime, I try to write and post with some regularity.

I also keep in mind that this blog is public. I have another blog that I started writing three years ago. Because of that blog's subject matter, and an incident involving a listserv post, I decided it was better to make it private--readable only by about a dozen or so family members and friends. Some of my work also appears occasionally on my parish's sermon blog, and I do occasionally receive email and comments from folks regarding my sermons.

Yesterday morning, in response to my last Fluting post, I found the following email in my inbox:
Subject: RC Says Hi

Hello, Jeffri.

Your blog entry on Betty Leeson popped up on my Google alert, so I thought I’d say hi. Betty is still around, teaches for the Music Academy and contributes to the college.

Seems like a century ago I was through CT. I take it you are still commuting to Manhattan. Wish you the best.

xxxx

Director of Alumni and Development
Rockford College
One more reminder of just how public the Internet truly is! However, it was nice of him write and give me an update on Betty Leeson, especially after my experience when trying to track down Lise.

So the answer to the question in the title is, I don't really know everyone who reads this blog. StatCounter tells me where people are accessing the blog from, but it doesn't tell me who they are. Some of them I can guess by the where. The only way to really know is when someone leaves a comment or emails me.

And some of you I'll see tomorrow...

2 comments: