Thursday, January 21, 2010

Have Flute, Will Travel

In spite of what I've said before about taking my flute on business trips, I did bring it with me this time. I thought a lot about it, but given that I'm taking a week's vacation after the conference I'm attending, and staying with friends, I figured I might actually have the chance to do some practicing during this trip. We'll see.

I packed differently this time. Since I will be away for 10 days, I borrowed a big suitcase from Mom and put just about everything in it, including my music stand. I took a small rolling carry on to hold my laptop, iPod, Kindle, snack food, and a few other odds and ends. My flute was my "personal item." It made maneuvering through the airports and the plane much easier. I can't imagine what it must be like traveling with something like a cello!!!

1 comment: