Sunday, December 6, 2009

If The Decorations Are Up

It must be Saint Nicholas Day!

This is my fifth Christmas season in this apartment. Hard to believe I've been here that long.

I've had the tinsel tree for four years. I moved it over this year, and I put out more of my St. Nicholas/Santa Claus collection--both around the tree and in the little room.
















And here's the mantle with the Nativity collection. If you want a closer look at the individual nativities, you can find pictures in this post from a couple of years ago.


The red stocking is half of a pair I made for Brian's and my first Christmas in our apartment, which means it's 24 years old. The green one is about 12 years old or so, when I made new stockings for Mom, Bill, and me. There are six more down in Pennsylvania. I made one for each of my brother's children when they were born. When the youngest received his, my brother asked me to make ones for him and his wife.

And here's a post by my friend Ann over at Episcopal Cafe: Guilty Advent Pleasures.

Happy Saint Nicholas Day!

Peace,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment