Wednesday, July 30, 2008

More Thoughts

I was completely prepared to dislike--if not hate-- The Present Future simply because Suzanne gave it to me. Instead I am reading a lot of helpful things. Part of the book has helped me better understand Suzanne and where she is coming from. I still don't think she really gets it all, but at least I believe I'm getting clearer picture of how she's thinking. It is also the first place I've found that explained to me what post-modernism is and how it is affecting the institutional church--which also means the beginning of understanding about post-denominational. And finally, McNeal presents a lot of the same thinking and vision that Lois has been preaching and teaching at Grace Church.

Once again, I have been reminded that you can learn something even from those with whom you disagree about things. It's a lesson that needs to be repeated again and again. It's one the bishops of the Anglican Communion need a refresher on.

I still have about a quarter of the book to finish, but it already prompted some thoughts, questions, ideas, and prayer about the Storefront Ministries I wrote about briefly in the scenario I wrote for Suzanne a couple of months ago. As soon as I find it, I will post it here so that those of you who haven't seen it before can read it.

Peace,
Jeffri

1 comment:

  1. any progress is some. maybe even hopeful? and how can we bring these ideas into the Mission Congregation?

    ReplyDelete