Monday, September 17, 2007

Monday's Prayer For The Bishops

We cannot speak,
unless You loose our tongues;
We only stammer,
and we speak uncertainly;
but if You touch our mouths,
O God,
then we will sing the story
of Your wonders!

Teach us to hear that story,
through each person,
to cradle a sense of wonder
in their life,
to honor the hard-earned wisdom
of their sufferings,
to waken their joy
that the King of all kings
stoops down
to wash their feet
and looking up
into their face
says,
"I know -- I understand."

This world has become
a world of broken dreams
where dreamers are hard to find
and friends are few.

Lord, be the gatherer of our dreams.
You set the countless stars in place,
and found room for each of them to shine.
You listen for us in Your heaven-bright hall.
Open our mouths to tell our tales of wonder.

--Adapted from Celtic Daily Prayer, pp. 198-199

1 comment:

  1. Jeffri, I just found your blog, and this was the first post I read. What a wonderful prayer! I am an actor (occasionally), and will save it and say it the next time I am getting ready to go onstage. Just wonderful.

    Check out my baby blog when you get a chance, and take good care.

    ReplyDelete