Friday, September 14, 2007

Behind The Closet Door

The clothes closet that is.

I have two closets in my small apartment. One is in the small room, and the other is at the end of the tiny back hallway that is between the large room and the back door--which I use as the main entrance. The only other "built-in" storage, excluding the kitchen, is a shelf that was built over the back door that takes advantage of the high ceilings to create a little more storage space.

As I noted before, I am in the midst of the "reorganizing" phase. This evening I spent time reorganizing the closet in the small room. Eventually, I hope that all the clothing and clothing related stuff will be in that closet, while the other will serve as general storage. To facilitate orderly, and easily retrievable, storage in the closet, I purchased four Sweater Boxes and six Men's Shoe Boxes at the Container Store.

All of my winter gear, except coats, is in one of the shoe boxes. One of the sweater boxes holds all the smaller canvas tote bags that I use on a regular basis to lug stuff around. Two other sweater boxes contain my "Summer Shirts," and one my "Winter Shirts." Another shoe box has a couple of rugby shirts. What surprised me is that I still have one sweater box and four shoe boxes with nothing in them on the closet shelves! My first thought was to take them back NOW!!! Five more places to stash accumulated, unneeded STUFF. However, I think I will wait until I finish the reorganizing phase before I do. They might come in handy as I clean out my dresser and reorganize the hall closet.

Today the Moleskinerie site had a link to the Web Worker Daily blog, because it mentioned using a Moleskinerie notebook. The post, Declutter Your Desk to Improve Your Productivity, has some are some pretty good guidelines for organizing your work space. Some of the guidelines work well in general, too. Maybe I will print it out for my colleagues--you never know when we might need them at the office...

Peace,
Jeffri

No comments:

Post a Comment