Thursday, September 11, 2008

Finally, It's Done!

My friend Rob was ordained to the priesthood on December 16, 2006. It has taken me nearly two years, but I finally finished his ordination gift. I just don't watch as much television as I used to.

The entire stole is done in double crochet stitch, with a single crochet edging:




Here are close ups of the individual panels.

The center panel with Rob's initials and ordination date:


Cross Botonnee:


Jerusalem Cross:


Celtic Cross:


Crosslet:


Calvary Cross:


St. Andrew's Cross:


Roman Cross:



Peace,
Jeffri

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Simply beautiful. How ever did you shorten it? And the pics came out well too. You are fantastic, clever, creative, and gifted. And I might say that even if you weren't my son.














    r

    ReplyDelete
  2. I folded the bottom panel on each end under and sewed it up. That leaves a pocket on the "back" of each end...

    ReplyDelete
  3. And now it is a welcome to your new parish Rob gift too. How appropriate.

    ReplyDelete